I read some research today from HomeWord ministries. I wanted to share them with you so here they are:
- The cell phone will be the greatest distributor of pornography for kids before the year 2011.
- “Sexting” is the new craze reported CBS news last week. 1 out of 5 kids have received an unwanted text photo of someone naked on their cell phone.
- 160,000 kids stayed home from school today (and everyday) because of bullying and they literally are afraid to go to class.
- 12 million people in America participate in self-injury (mainly cutting) each year with most of them being young people.
- Today there are at least 25 different Sexually Transmitted Diseases people can catch. Time magazine reported: of the young people who are sexually active, they will have 7 different partners by age 25. One out of five has a sexually transmitted disease. Do the math – it isn’t pretty!
It might sound gloomy but since Eden the people have God have always had the responsibility of sharing in the redemption process. It’s crucial that we help this generation grasp the calling to family life. As adults we need to apply more of the Bible into our life, read about parenting more, actually SPEND time with our kids and INVEST in them, and model family life to those students with a broken concept of the family. Let’s start TODAY!
You can visit HomeWord ministries at www.homeword.com